Thursday, July 10, 2014

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?



     When Virginia Woolf first put pen to paper in her extended essay "A Room of One's Own", I would imagine that her vision of a woman's room is both in a literal and figurative sense.  A space, either physical or in one's mind, that would inspire and empower a woman to create fiction as she wishes.  Almost a century after the classic essay was first published, both men and women writers have an infinite room available to them in the world wide web.
     "A Blog of One's Own" will act as my own personal path to becoming a writer; presumably as a hobby, wishfully as a career.  It is my hope to publish various samples of my writing in original form of essays, research papers, and literary analysis.  As I broaden my skills towards creative writing, I will also be posting some original short stories, either fiction or non-fiction.  Additionally, through discovering my passion for writing and literature, I have come across several poems, quotes, short stories, and lyrics in songs that have inspired me.  Therefore, some of my posts may be sharing what inspires me in the hopes that they may inspire someone else.
     Speaking of inspiration, I will be forever grateful to my teacher who exposed me to literary classics that have revitalized my love for reading and passionate writing, and reminded me of the greatness that is Iron Maiden.  
     It is my objective to offer weekly posts on a variety of open topics from eighteenth century Romanticism to twenty-first century Pop Culture; anything from Samuel Coleridge's "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" to Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein" to Fonzie to "American Psycho".
     Writing has become a passion for me, and discovering classic literature has proven to be a love I never knew existed.  As you read my posts and essays, keep in mind that I am a novice writer at best.  However the more I post, the more I write.  And, how do you get to Carnegie Hall?  Practice, practice, practice.     


No comments:

Post a Comment